Body found in street outside Penn State high-rise
STATE COLLEGE, Pa. (AP) - April 16, 2013 (WPVI) -- Authorities say a body has been found lying in the street outside a student apartment high-rise at Penn State University, but the cause of death is unknown.
Centre County Coroner Scott Sayers says the body of a male was found lying in the roadway outside the University Gateway apartment building around 1 a.m. Tuesday. The man was pronounced dead at the scene.
Sayers says the death is under investigation and authorities don't know how the man died. He says an autopsy will be conducted.
A university spokeswoman said she did not have any information on the death and that it was a borough police investigation. A message left by The Associated Press with police in State College was not immediately returned.
pennsylvania state university, pennsylvania, local/state
- 7-alarm fire destroys homes in Sea Isle City
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend 47 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Family pets die in house blaze in Newark, Del. 13 min ago
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser
- Pedestrian struck by train in Plymouth Meeting
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Miley Cyrus still hospitalized, postpones Philly show
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- Is it time for smart watches?
- Video: Train nearly hits senator
- Family pets die in house blaze in Newark,...
13 min ago