Body found in street outside Penn State high-rise
STATE COLLEGE, Pa. (AP) - April 16, 2013 (WPVI) -- Authorities say a body has been found lying in the street outside a student apartment high-rise at Penn State University, but the cause of death is unknown.
Centre County Coroner Scott Sayers says the body of a male was found lying in the roadway outside the University Gateway apartment building around 1 a.m. Tuesday. The man was pronounced dead at the scene.
Sayers says the death is under investigation and authorities don't know how the man died. He says an autopsy will be conducted.
A university spokeswoman said she did not have any information on the death and that it was a borough police investigation. A message left by The Associated Press with police in State College was not immediately returned.
pennsylvania state university, pennsylvania, local/state
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Milder Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 1 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton 58 min ago
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door 1 min ago
- Del. worker hospitalized after pretzel factory accident 6 min ago
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Man, 22, dies after shooting in Chester
- Video: Annual Phila. Flower Show wraps up
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Vietnam says it may have found missing...
1 min ago