Body found in street outside Penn State high-rise
STATE COLLEGE, Pa. (AP) - April 16, 2013 (WPVI) -- Authorities say a body has been found lying in the street outside a student apartment high-rise at Penn State University, but the cause of death is unknown.
Centre County Coroner Scott Sayers says the body of a male was found lying in the roadway outside the University Gateway apartment building around 1 a.m. Tuesday. The man was pronounced dead at the scene.
Sayers says the death is under investigation and authorities don't know how the man died. He says an autopsy will be conducted.
A university spokeswoman said she did not have any information on the death and that it was a borough police investigation. A message left by The Associated Press with police in State College was not immediately returned.
pennsylvania state university, pennsylvania, local/state
- Numbers drawn for $636M Mega Millions jackpot
- Overnight Snow Showers South
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Phila. attorney Charles Peruto, Sr. dies
- Dramatic video released of violent 7-Eleven robbery
- Coach charged with sexually assaulting 4 more victims
- Woman found murdered in Bethlehem
- 91-year-old man stabbed, robbed in Egg Harbor
- Harvard student charged in campus bomb hoax
- Kevin Hart on stolen computers: I'll be back
- Gunman kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- NASA orders urgent spacewalk repairs at station