Body found in street outside Penn State high-rise
STATE COLLEGE, Pa. (AP) - April 16, 2013 (WPVI) -- Authorities say a body has been found lying in the street outside a student apartment high-rise at Penn State University, but the cause of death is unknown.
Centre County Coroner Scott Sayers says the body of a male was found lying in the roadway outside the University Gateway apartment building around 1 a.m. Tuesday. The man was pronounced dead at the scene.
Sayers says the death is under investigation and authorities don't know how the man died. He says an autopsy will be conducted.
A university spokeswoman said she did not have any information on the death and that it was a borough police investigation. A message left by The Associated Press with police in State College was not immediately returned.
pennsylvania state university, pennsylvania, local/state
- Multi-alarm fire at NJ apartment complex 51 min ago
- Lots of sun, chilly today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of damage from Tuesday's storm
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp.
- Police: Pedestrian struck and killed in Bordentown, N.J.
- Driver loses control, hits parked SUV in South Philly
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- 292 missing, 4 dead in South Korea ferry disaster
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line
- Police: Pa. man tries to snatch baby from stroller
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Free coffee as Wawa celebrates 50th
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos