Body found in street outside Penn State high-rise
STATE COLLEGE, Pa. (AP) - April 16, 2013 (WPVI) -- Authorities say a body has been found lying in the street outside a student apartment high-rise at Penn State University, but the cause of death is unknown.
Centre County Coroner Scott Sayers says the body of a male was found lying in the roadway outside the University Gateway apartment building around 1 a.m. Tuesday. The man was pronounced dead at the scene.
Sayers says the death is under investigation and authorities don't know how the man died. He says an autopsy will be conducted.
A university spokeswoman said she did not have any information on the death and that it was a borough police investigation. A message left by The Associated Press with police in State College was not immediately returned.
pennsylvania state university, pennsylvania, local/state
- Iranian teen had stolen passport on missing jet
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday 10 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2nd suspect sought in finger-biting attack
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
- Suspicious fire damages home in Camden
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion 57 min ago
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures 50 min ago
- Video: Dad ditches son's stroller to catch baseball
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
10 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos