NJ teacher admits sexual contact with student
PATERSON, N.J. (AP) - April 16, 2013 (WPVI) -- A northern New Jersey teacher has pleaded guilty to having criminal sexual contact with a 16-year-old male student.
Kristin Leone faces one year in jail and five years of probation when she's sentenced under terms of a plea agreement in June. The 27-year-old will be prohibited from working for the state, must surrender several teaching certificates and register as a sex offender under Megan's law.
Leone was the boy's social studies teacher at Clifton High School.
She said the boy placed her hand on his genitals in school and she kept it there for her own gratification and she also placed her hand on his genitals at her apartment.
The boy's mother told The Record newspaper her son has suffered emotionally.
sex, students, teachers, new jersey, local/state
- Skydiver in fatal South Jersey accident ID'd
- Sunny today, more clouds tomorrow
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Montco DA: Drug ring targeted local schools 24 min ago
- Medical chopper called to crash on Route 55
- Jogger helps rescue man from Schuylkill River
- Photos: Pictures from NJ skydiving accident
- Boston Marathon to be under tight security
- SKorean president: Ferry crew actions 'murderous'
- Surveillance expected from Target heist
- Teen stowaway survives flight in landing gear
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!