2nd day added for May hearing on Philadelphia casino
PHILADELPHIA (AP) - April 16, 2013 (WPVI) -- The Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board has added another day for people to comment on the applications for Philadelphia's second casino license.
The board held two days of hearings on the applications last week and another public hearing was scheduled for May 8 at Lincoln Financial Field in Philadelphia. Now, the gaming board says it's also going to take public comment on the morning of May 9, also at Lincoln Financial Field, because the other day had already filled up with people wanting to speak.
People can register to speak on the gaming board's website.
Six groups are vying for the second casino license slotted for the city under the state's gaming law. The first, Sugarhouse Casino, has been up and running since September 2010.
casinos, philadelphia, local/state
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Record Weekend Warmth
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- 1 dead after car plunges into lake in Vineland
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp.
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos