2nd day added for May hearing on Philadelphia casino
PHILADELPHIA (AP) - April 16, 2013 (WPVI) -- The Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board has added another day for people to comment on the applications for Philadelphia's second casino license.
The board held two days of hearings on the applications last week and another public hearing was scheduled for May 8 at Lincoln Financial Field in Philadelphia. Now, the gaming board says it's also going to take public comment on the morning of May 9, also at Lincoln Financial Field, because the other day had already filled up with people wanting to speak.
People can register to speak on the gaming board's website.
Six groups are vying for the second casino license slotted for the city under the state's gaming law. The first, Sugarhouse Casino, has been up and running since September 2010.
casinos, philadelphia, local/state
- ABC News: Possible security breach at Target
- Winter Warm Up 56 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police search for suspects in religious store robbery
- Jewelry thieves target Montgomery Co. open houses
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Upper Darby's Chitwood reflects on career 56 min ago
- Video: Soldier returning from Afghanistan...
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed
- Upper Darby's Chitwood reflects on career
56 min ago