2nd day added for May hearing on Philadelphia casino
PHILADELPHIA (AP) - April 16, 2013 (WPVI) -- The Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board has added another day for people to comment on the applications for Philadelphia's second casino license.
The board held two days of hearings on the applications last week and another public hearing was scheduled for May 8 at Lincoln Financial Field in Philadelphia. Now, the gaming board says it's also going to take public comment on the morning of May 9, also at Lincoln Financial Field, because the other day had already filled up with people wanting to speak.
People can register to speak on the gaming board's website.
Six groups are vying for the second casino license slotted for the city under the state's gaming law. The first, Sugarhouse Casino, has been up and running since September 2010.
casinos, philadelphia, local/state
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL 11 min ago
- Milder this afternoon, snow possible Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures from PHL after landing gear collapse
- Investigator: Missing plane flew over Malaysia 8 min ago
- Police investigate death of toddler at Del. daycare
- Truck overturns on Paoli Pike; 1 injury
- Drunk driving suspected in Center City crash
- SEPTA announces strike contingency plan 28 min ago
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Teen father arrested for biting nose off infant 29 min ago
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
11 min ago