Woman dies in crash with school bus in Franklinville
FRANKLINVILLE, N.J. - April 16, 2013 (WPVI) -- A woman was killed in a crash involving a school bus on Tuesday morning in Franklinville, New Jersey.
The Gloucester County Prosecutor's Office said the victim died when her car collided with the bus at Route 47 and Williamstown Road around 9:00 a.m.
There were no children on board the bus at the time.
According to investigators, the bus had the green light at the intersection when the woman's Hyundai hit the bus, which then overturned.
The woman was pronounced dead at the scene.
The bus driver, and an aide, suffered only minor injuries.
The bus belonged to STA Bus Co. of Williamstown. The crash was witnessed by a Franklin Township police officer.
The identity of the woman killed is being withheld pending notification of family.
The Gloucester County Prosecutor's Office and Franklin Township Police Department are investigating.
new jersey, gloucester county, accident, school bus, local/state
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder 51 min ago
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain 27 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Phila. police seek missing special needs woman
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip 32 min ago
- 2 NJ men sentenced for bogus 9/11 charity 23 min ago
- Police identify mystery hit-and-run victim 34 min ago
- Officers drive into hail of gunfire in N. Phila. 53 min ago
- Woman's body found between parked cars in West Philadelphia 49 min ago
- Doors smashed in 2 Prices Corner store burglaries
- Missing Philadelphia couple found safe
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain
27 min ago
- Police identify mystery hit-and-run victim
34 min ago
- Officers drive into hail of gunfire in N....
53 min ago