Woman dies in crash with school bus in Franklinville
FRANKLINVILLE, N.J. - April 16, 2013 (WPVI) -- A woman was killed in a crash involving a school bus on Tuesday morning in Franklinville, New Jersey.
The Gloucester County Prosecutor's Office said the victim died when her car collided with the bus at Route 47 and Williamstown Road around 9:00 a.m.
There were no children on board the bus at the time.
According to investigators, the bus had the green light at the intersection when the woman's Hyundai hit the bus, which then overturned.
The woman was pronounced dead at the scene.
The bus driver, and an aide, suffered only minor injuries.
The bus belonged to STA Bus Co. of Williamstown. The crash was witnessed by a Franklin Township police officer.
The identity of the woman killed is being withheld pending notification of family.
The Gloucester County Prosecutor's Office and Franklin Township Police Department are investigating.
new jersey, gloucester county, accident, school bus, local/state
- Derailed train car blocking road in South Coatesville 35 min ago
- Brisk And Cold 21 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Arrest in deadly June shooting in West Philadelphia
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del. 23 min ago
- Suspects caught on camera prior to car theft
- Guide dog saves blind man after subway track fall
- Girl kidnapped, freed in Reading; suspect at large 24 min ago
- Water main break causes river of ice in Cherry Hill 28 min ago
- On video: Burglars steal drugs in Hunting Park
- Husband charged with wife's murder in Bethlehem
- Tourist distracted by Facebook falls off pier
- Phila. attorney Charles Peruto, Sr. dies
- Brisk And Cold
21 min ago
- Raising healthy kids: Radiation exposure
6 min ago
- Truck stuck under RR overpass in Bensalem
14 min ago
- Girl kidnapped, freed in Reading; suspect...
24 min ago