Woman dies in crash with school bus in Franklinville
FRANKLINVILLE, N.J. - April 16, 2013 (WPVI) -- A woman was killed in a crash involving a school bus on Tuesday morning in Franklinville, New Jersey.
The Gloucester County Prosecutor's Office said the victim died when her car collided with the bus at Route 47 and Williamstown Road around 9:00 a.m.
There were no children on board the bus at the time.
According to investigators, the bus had the green light at the intersection when the woman's Hyundai hit the bus, which then overturned.
The woman was pronounced dead at the scene.
The bus driver, and an aide, suffered only minor injuries.
The bus belonged to STA Bus Co. of Williamstown. The crash was witnessed by a Franklin Township police officer.
The identity of the woman killed is being withheld pending notification of family.
The Gloucester County Prosecutor's Office and Franklin Township Police Department are investigating.
new jersey, gloucester county, accident, school bus, local/state
- Skydiver dies after Washington Twp. accident 4 min ago
- 70s Return This Week
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- $30K possibly stolen in Target armed robbery
- Person of interest ID'd in Collingdale hit-and-run
- 4 injured in Route 295 crash
- Camden teen reported missing
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- Oscar Mayer hot dogs recalled due to misbranding
- Flyers rally to beat Rangers 4-2, even series
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!
- Skydiver dies after Washington Twp. accident
4 min ago