Woman dies in crash with school bus in Franklinville
FRANKLINVILLE, N.J. - April 16, 2013 (WPVI) -- A woman was killed in a crash involving a school bus on Tuesday morning in Franklinville, New Jersey.
The Gloucester County Prosecutor's Office said the victim died when her car collided with the bus at Route 47 and Williamstown Road around 9:00 a.m.
There were no children on board the bus at the time.
According to investigators, the bus had the green light at the intersection when the woman's Hyundai hit the bus, which then overturned.
The woman was pronounced dead at the scene.
The bus driver, and an aide, suffered only minor injuries.
The bus belonged to STA Bus Co. of Williamstown. The crash was witnessed by a Franklin Township police officer.
The identity of the woman killed is being withheld pending notification of family.
The Gloucester County Prosecutor's Office and Franklin Township Police Department are investigating.
new jersey, gloucester county, accident, school bus, local/state
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Finally, a nice weekend!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote 25 min ago
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar 37 min ago
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysian jet
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian ID'd in fatal Collingdale hit-and-run
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
37 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos