Crash kills 1 on I-495 in Edgemoor, Delaware
EDGEMOOR, Del. - April 17, 2013 (WPVI) -- One person is dead after an accident in New Castle County, Delaware.
Police say at around 3:00 p.m. Tuesday, an SUV that was traveling on northbound I-495 in Edgemoor at a high rate of speed, went over the guardrail and struck a southbound car.
An occupant in the southbound car was killed instantly.
He has been identified as 54-year-old Steven V. Carbone of Townsend.
The SUV then came to a rest overturned in the southbound lanes.
Two others involved in the accident were rushed to Christiana Hospital for non-life-threatening injuries.
The accident caused major traffic problems in the area.
delaware, new castle county, accident, local/state
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's wish 47 min ago
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado high school dies
- 6 apartments destroyed in Wilmington fire
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in East Mt. Airy shooting 6 min ago
- Police search for missing Delco mother
- Woman arrested in fatal North Philly stabbing
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- Penn State student dies in jump from garage
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's...
47 min ago