Crash kills 1 on I-495 in Edgemoor, Delaware
EDGEMOOR, Del. - April 17, 2013 (WPVI) -- One person is dead after an accident in New Castle County, Delaware.
Police say at around 3:00 p.m. Tuesday, an SUV that was traveling on northbound I-495 in Edgemoor at a high rate of speed, went over the guardrail and struck a southbound car.
An occupant in the southbound car was killed instantly.
He has been identified as 54-year-old Steven V. Carbone of Townsend.
The SUV then came to a rest overturned in the southbound lanes.
Two others involved in the accident were rushed to Christiana Hospital for non-life-threatening injuries.
The accident caused major traffic problems in the area.
delaware, new castle county, accident, local/state
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Wet to Wintry!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line
- Moment of silence marks Boston bombings
- Bucks Co. runner set to return to Boston Marathon
- Hundreds rescued after ferry sinks near South Korea
- 20-month-old found safe, Amber Alert canceled
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp.
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Woman delivers baby after church van crash
- Police: Pa. man tries to snatch baby from stroller
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police