Crash kills 1 on I-495 in Edgemoor, Delaware
EDGEMOOR, Del. - April 17, 2013 (WPVI) -- One person is dead after an accident in New Castle County, Delaware.
Police say at around 3:00 p.m. Tuesday, an SUV that was traveling on northbound I-495 in Edgemoor at a high rate of speed, went over the guardrail and struck a southbound car.
An occupant in the southbound car was killed instantly.
He has been identified as 54-year-old Steven V. Carbone of Townsend.
The SUV then came to a rest overturned in the southbound lanes.
Two others involved in the accident were rushed to Christiana Hospital for non-life-threatening injuries.
The accident caused major traffic problems in the area.
delaware, new castle county, accident, local/state
- Police: Missing boy struck by car
- Temps soar above normal
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school
- No jackets for North Philadelphia cheer squad
- Attack in Center City caught on camera
- Police: Threat to father used in phone scam
- Stolen cobalt-60 found abandoned in Mexico
- Report: NSA tracks billions of cellphones daily
- Kutztown coach accused of covering up teen's rape
- Prosecutor: Sex investigation of FSU QB over
- Photos: 6abc at Q102 Jingle Ball 2013
- Video: 20th annual Phila. holiday tree lighting