Student charged after gun found in back pack at Fels High School
SUMMERDALE - April 18, 2013 (WPVI) -- The Philadelphia District Attorney's Office has announced charges against the teen who allegedly brought a gun to school on Wednesday.
18-year-old Shaheed Whack is charged with carrying a gun without a license, carrying a firearm on the streets of Philadelphia without a license, and possession of a weapon in a school.
It was 7:28 a.m. Wednesday when school officials were conducting security checks as students entered the Samuel Fels High School in the city's Summerdale section. That is when they discovered a .38 caliber revolver in Whack's back pack.
The gun and the back pack were held but Whack fled the building. He was apprehended a short time later in the 800 block of Sanger Street.
Whack is being held on $75,000 bail.
summerdale, philadelphia, guns, school, local/state
- 2 dead after truck and car collide in Mercer County 46 min ago
- Very cold today, Saturday storm 3 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Suspicious package found outside Planet Fitness in Olney 20 min ago
- Suspects tie up 71-year-old in home invasion
- Worker shocked by electrical cable in East Falls
- Bandit holds up TD Bank in Chestnut Hill
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- American University campus lockdown lifted
- Fake deaf interpreter crashes Mandela memorial
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Narcotic officers raid Lacey High School
- Video: Cover Story: Can Foles break jinx?
- 2 dead after truck and car collide in...
46 min ago