Student charged after gun found in back pack at Fels High School
SUMMERDALE - April 18, 2013 (WPVI) -- The Philadelphia District Attorney's Office has announced charges against the teen who allegedly brought a gun to school on Wednesday.
18-year-old Shaheed Whack is charged with carrying a gun without a license, carrying a firearm on the streets of Philadelphia without a license, and possession of a weapon in a school.
It was 7:28 a.m. Wednesday when school officials were conducting security checks as students entered the Samuel Fels High School in the city's Summerdale section. That is when they discovered a .38 caliber revolver in Whack's back pack.
The gun and the back pack were held but Whack fled the building. He was apprehended a short time later in the 800 block of Sanger Street.
Whack is being held on $75,000 bail.
summerdale, philadelphia, guns, school, local/state
- Fmr. Chester County teacher faces child porn charges 3 min ago
- Mostly sunny, very windy today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say 4 min ago
- Apparent misunderstanding in police shooting 16 min ago
- Detectives serve warrants at Chester police station
- New 'object of interest' in missing jet hunt
- 3 shot during funeral at Trenton church
- Photo released of anti-Semetic vandalism suspect 5 min ago
- 6abc viewer helps police nab $18K jewelry suspect
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Video: Video gamer is the victim of SWATting hoax
- What would you ask Mayor Nutter?
- Apparent misunderstanding in police shooting
16 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos