Pedestrian struck and killed by train near Delaware Park Racetrack
STANTON, Del. - April 17, 2013 (WPVI) -- A pedestrian has been struck and killed by an Amtrak train in Stanton, Delaware, delaying service between Wilmington and Baltimore.
It happened before 10:30 a.m. on some train tracks near the Fair Play Station at Delaware Park Racetrack and Slots off Old Stanton Christiana Road.
An Amtrak spokesperson tells Action News that train number 86 with 341 passengers on board struck a pedestrian near Churchman's Crossing.
Service between Wilmington and Baltimore was temporarily shut down.
No one on board was injured.
delaware, pedestrian struck, accident, train accident, local/state
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado high school dies 33 min ago
- Record Warmth! 28 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's wish 40 min ago
- Police search for missing Delco mother
- Woman arrested in fatal North Philly stabbing
- Officer shoots, kills Lancaster County man
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- Penn State student dies in jump from garage
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's...
40 min ago
- Record Warmth!
28 min ago