Pedestrian struck and killed by train near Delaware Park Racetrack
STANTON, Del. - April 17, 2013 (WPVI) -- A pedestrian has been struck and killed by an Amtrak train in Stanton, Delaware, delaying service between Wilmington and Baltimore.
It happened before 10:30 a.m. on some train tracks near the Fair Play Station at Delaware Park Racetrack and Slots off Old Stanton Christiana Road.
An Amtrak spokesperson tells Action News that train number 86 with 341 passengers on board struck a pedestrian near Churchman's Crossing.
Service between Wilmington and Baltimore was temporarily shut down.
No one on board was injured.
delaware, pedestrian struck, accident, train accident, local/state
- 3 beach homes destroyed in Sea Isle City fire
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire 42 min ago
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sunken ferry
- Popular chocolate maker reopens in time for Easter
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom 10 min ago
- Penn State police: 3 posed nude at Nittany shrine