Memorial fund established for family of Fire Captain Michael Goodwin
SOUTH PHILADELPHIA - April 17, 2013 (WPVI) -- A memorial fund has been established in honor of the Philadelphia fire captain killed in the line of duty this month.
Captain Michael Goodwin died April 6th while battling a fire in Queen Village.
Firefighters Local 22 announced the memorial fund on Wednesday to help take care of his family in the wake of their loss.
"We vowed to Mike's family, as we have to all families who have lost a loved one in the line of duty, that we will always stand by them and take care of them. This is the first formal step in that ongoing process," said Local 22 President Bill Gault.
"Firefighters are family and that bond is unbreakable. We're grateful for the genuine outpouring of sympathy from so many people from every walk of life. We ask them now to remember the Goodwin family, not only in their thoughts and prayers, but through their generosity. There will be many difficult days ahead for the Goodwin family, emotionally and financially," said Gault.
Those who wish to contribute to the fund may do so by sending a check to:
The Captain Michael Goodwin Memorial Fund
Police & Fire Federal Credit Union
901 Arch Street
Philadelphia, PA 19107
philadelphia, fire, queen village, local/state
- ABC News: Possible security breach at Target
- Winter Warm Up
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police search for suspects in religious store robbery
- Jewelry thieves target Montgomery Co. open houses
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Upper Darby's Chitwood reflects on career
- Video: Soldier returning from Afghanistan...
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed