Woman charged in hit-and-run of girl, 11, in Haddonfield
HADDONFIELD, N.J. - April 17, 2013 (WPVI) -- A woman has been charged in connection with a hit-and-run over the weekend that left an 11-year-old girl hospitalized.
Barbara Messerschmidt, 69, of Barrington, has been charged in connection with the crash, police announced on Wednesday.
According to investigators, Messerschmidt admitted to driving southbound in the 700 block of North Haddon Avenue around 8:30 p.m. Saturday and was unable to stop before hitting the girl.
Messerschmidt allegedly told police she panicked and fled the scene without stopping to help.
Haddonfield police say they were able to track down Messerschmidt's vehicle from evidence left at the scene.
The 11-year-old girl who was struck suffered serious injuries to her head and leg and was last reported to be in stable condition.
new jersey, hit and run, accident, camden county, local/state
- Police: Delco 2nd grade teacher groped 2 girls 4 min ago
- AccuWeather: Thunderstorms possible today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Health officials: Drexel student died from meningitis
- DeCoatsworth seeks to withdraw guilty plea
- Mistrial declared in Philly priest sex-abuse case 17 min ago
- 2 dead, others missing in NYC building explosion 14 min ago
- Montco student diagnosed with meningitis-causing infection 1 min ago
- Phila. cop charged with false imprisonment
- Fatal house fire in Coatesville, Chester County
- NJ teen who sued parents returns home
- Pa. state senator charged with misuse of office
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Co. carjacking suspect arrested after rush...
15 min ago
- Montco student diagnosed with...
1 min ago