Suspect ID'd in Chester deadly shooting, 82-year-old critical
CHESTER, Pa. - April 18, 2013 (WPVI) -- U.S. Marshals are searching for the suspect wanted in connection with a shooting that killed one man and seriously injured an 82-year-old woman.
Authorities say Naim Tarik Williams opened fire near 22nd and Crozer at around 1:30 p.m. Thursday.
In the exchange of bullets, a young man in his 20s was shot in the head and found unresponsive on the street. He would later die of his injuries.
A stray bullet came through the front window of 146 22nd Street. 82-year-old Edith Hardy was sitting on a sofa waiting for a ride to the store when she was hit by a bullet in the neck.
"She, from all we have received right now, was an innocent bystander. She was in her home and a stray shot came through the window," Chester Police Commissioner Joseph Bail said.
Family members describe hardy as an active, churchgoing senior citizen who raised not only six of her own children but 75 foster kids.
They are stunned that now this great grandmother is in critical condition with a gunshot wound.
"Very good person. She's loving. She would give you anything, just a good person. Mother, grandmother, aunt," victim's niece Joyce Jenkins said.
Police do believe the young man in his 20s who suffered a gunshot to the head was the intended target.
delaware, chester, delaware county, shooting, local/state
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy 53 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Sign up for Facebook Flash
- Man shot, killed in Gloucester Twp. apartment
- Girl hospitalized after near-drowning in Philly hotel
- 2 injured after car hits Camden police cruiser 36 min ago
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Missing boater in Del. River ID'd, search called off
- Armed robbery at Target on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Pedestrian struck, killed by truck in Rhawnhurst
- Good Samaritans help nab alleged purse snatchers
- Divers pull more bodies from sunken South Korean ferry 21 min ago
- 13th body pulled from snow in Everest avalanche 18 min ago
- Divers pull more bodies from sunken South...
21 min ago
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy
53 min ago