Man shot and killed in West Oak Lane
WEST OAK LANE - April 18, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say a 40-year-old man was shot multiple times and killed in the West Oak Lane section of Philadelphia late Wednesday night.
The shooting happened around 11:45 p.m. on the 1400 block of East Sharpnack Street.
Neighbors told police they heard an argument before shots were fired.
The victim was pronounced dead at the scene.
His name has not been released.
Police say they have no suspects in custody or a motive for the shooting.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Philadelphia Police at 215-686-TIPS (8477), text a tip to PPDTIP (773847) or through PhillyPolice.com.
shooting, west oak lane, philadelphia, local/state
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- ID theft warrant leads to pot bust in Hamilton Twp.
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Gun falls out of sock, kills thrift store worker
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more