Man shot and killed in West Oak Lane
WEST OAK LANE - April 18, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say a 40-year-old man was shot multiple times and killed in the West Oak Lane section of Philadelphia late Wednesday night.
The shooting happened around 11:45 p.m. on the 1400 block of East Sharpnack Street.
Neighbors told police they heard an argument before shots were fired.
The victim was pronounced dead at the scene.
His name has not been released.
Police say they have no suspects in custody or a motive for the shooting.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Philadelphia Police at 215-686-TIPS (8477), text a tip to PPDTIP (773847) or through PhillyPolice.com.
shooting, west oak lane, philadelphia, local/state
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway
- Warmer Weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Overbrook shooting 59 min ago
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands 24 min ago
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school 16 min ago
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Pa. Turnpike reopens after multi-vehicle crash
- Fmr. Montco GOP chairman to stand trial for rape
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly...
16 min ago