Decomposed body found in Germantown wooded area
GERMANTOWN - April 18, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say a decomposed body was found in the Germantown section of Philadelphia late Wednesday night.
The body was discovered shortly before 8:30 p.m. in a wooded area along the 5200 block of Magnolia Street.
The victim was wrapped in a blanket and bound with a rope.
Police suspect foul play and they were not able to determine if the body was male or female.
They are asking for anyone who has information to come forward and contact the police.
The body was taken to the Medical Examiner's office.
body found, germantown, philadelphia, local/state
- Building under demolition collapses in Old City 11 min ago
- Windy and cold today 35 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Saints will trade Sproles to Eagles; Birds sign Carroll
- Driver fleeing police kills 2 at SXSW festival
- Photos: Pictures from the SXSW festival crash
- Malaysia: No debris in area shown on China images 41 min ago
- 7th body recovered after NYC explosion
- 3rd suspect ID'd in Exton jewelry store theft 30 min ago
- High winds cause damage across the region
- Photos: Pictures from Thursday's wind damage
- Christie talks taxes at town hall meeting 37 min ago
- Video: Man punches boy, 8, steals his iPad