Decomposed body found in Germantown wooded area
GERMANTOWN - April 18, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say a decomposed body was found in the Germantown section of Philadelphia late Wednesday night.
The body was discovered shortly before 8:30 p.m. in a wooded area along the 5200 block of Magnolia Street.
The victim was wrapped in a blanket and bound with a rope.
Police suspect foul play and they were not able to determine if the body was male or female.
They are asking for anyone who has information to come forward and contact the police.
The body was taken to the Medical Examiner's office.
body found, germantown, philadelphia, local/state
- Police: Man targeted in hit-and-run crash 55 min ago
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Family pets die in house blaze in Newark, Del. 38 min ago
- Captain of sunken S. Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- Search teams recover body of 13th Sherpa
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser
- Pedestrian struck by train in Plymouth Meeting
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- Family pets die in house blaze in Newark,...
38 min ago