West Chester U. student dies after fall from roof near Temple
NORTH PHILADELPHIA - April 18, 2013 (WPVI) -- A spring celebration ended in tragedy Wednesday after a West Chester University student fell from a roof near the Temple University campus.
The 19-year-old woman was part of a large group partying on a third floor roof in the 1900 block of North 18th Street when she fell and landed in an alley behind the building just before 5:30 p.m.
The victim was pronounced dead a short time later at Temple University Hospital. Her name has been released.
Police say as many as 40 people were partying on the roof with alcohol present.
There is no word, however, on how exactly she fell.
At least eight people were taken in for questioning.
Police say several parties were going on in the neighborhood as part of a "Spring Fling" among Temple students.
philadelphia, north philadelphia, local/state
- Montco DA: Drug ring targeted schools; 8 arrested 1 min ago
- Sunny today, more clouds tomorrow
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Skydiver in fatal South Jersey accident ID'd 5 min ago
- Medical chopper called to crash on Route 55
- Jogger helps rescue man from Schuylkill River 28 min ago
- Photos: Pictures from NJ skydiving accident
- Boston Marathon to be under tight security
- SKorean president: Ferry crew actions 'murderous'
- Surveillance expected from Target heist
- Teen stowaway survives flight in landing gear
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!
- Skydiver in fatal South Jersey accident ID'd
5 min ago