West Chester U. student dies after fall from roof near Temple
NORTH PHILADELPHIA - April 18, 2013 (WPVI) -- A spring celebration ended in tragedy Wednesday after a West Chester University student fell from a roof near the Temple University campus.
The 19-year-old woman was part of a large group partying on a third floor roof in the 1900 block of North 18th Street when she fell and landed in an alley behind the building just before 5:30 p.m.
The victim was pronounced dead a short time later at Temple University Hospital. Her name has been released.
Police say as many as 40 people were partying on the roof with alcohol present.
There is no word, however, on how exactly she fell.
At least eight people were taken in for questioning.
Police say several parties were going on in the neighborhood as part of a "Spring Fling" among Temple students.
philadelphia, north philadelphia, local/state
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife 22 min ago
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man shot by off-duty cop during fight ID'd 31 min ago
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del. 6 min ago
- Accused wedding crasher thief pleads guilty
- SEPTA, union resume talks to avoid strike
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- Photos: Pictures from the finger-bite mall attack
- Investigators chase 'every angle' in missing jet
- Court won't hear dispute over 'boobies' bracelets
- Photos: Pictures from the 2014 Red Ball