Suspects sought in Penn Wood High School fire
LANSDOWNE, Pa. (AP) - April 19, 2013 (WPVI) -- Investigators say they are looking for suspects in connection with a fire that seriously damaged Penn Wood High School in Delaware County, which will now be closed for the remainder of the school year.
Officials say they are working on a modified schedule for students at Penn Wood High School in Lansdowne. Authorities say someone set fire to the building before 4 a.m. Thursday, damaging the lobby and several classrooms.
Fire officials say the blaze appears to have been intentionally set and that police found a door pried open. District Attorney Jack Whelan says authorities are looking for one or two individuals believed to be involved in the arson.
arson, fire, pennsylvania, delaware county, local/state
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Gas leak, evacuations reported in Frankford
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Partial house collapse in Strawberry Mansion
- 2 injured in NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos