Students evacuated from elementary school in Delaware County
PARKSIDE, Pa. - April 19, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police activity prompted officials to evacuate youngsters from Parkside Elementary School in Delaware County on Friday.
It happened after police converged on the unit block of East Forest View Road near the school in Parkside, Pa.
The reason for the police presence was not disclosed.
As officers arrived, school officials, acting on the advice of police, decided to evacuate the school.
About 250 students and staff were bused from Parkside to Coebourn Elementary School in Brookhaven.
Parents were notified that the students could be picked up there any time by end of the school day.
According to a letter to parents on the school's website from Superintendent of Schools George Steinhoff, "Students and staff were at all times safe, there was never a disturbance in the school whatsoever, and the transport of students to Coebourn went very well."
Police would not reveal any details about their activity.
pennsylvania, school, local/state
- Apartments evacuated in Bucks Co. hazmat investigation 20 min ago
- Sunny and Cooler!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Man gets pinned under van in Logan crash 45 min ago
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd. 37 min ago
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ