Students evacuated from elementary school in Delaware County
PARKSIDE, Pa. - April 19, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police activity prompted officials to evacuate youngsters from Parkside Elementary School in Delaware County on Friday.
It happened after police converged on the unit block of East Forest View Road near the school in Parkside, Pa.
The reason for the police presence was not disclosed.
As officers arrived, school officials, acting on the advice of police, decided to evacuate the school.
About 250 students and staff were bused from Parkside to Coebourn Elementary School in Brookhaven.
Parents were notified that the students could be picked up there any time by end of the school day.
According to a letter to parents on the school's website from Superintendent of Schools George Steinhoff, "Students and staff were at all times safe, there was never a disturbance in the school whatsoever, and the transport of students to Coebourn went very well."
Police would not reveal any details about their activity.
pennsylvania, school, local/state
- Teacher admits to sex with 4 students
- Turning Milder
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings 34 min ago
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's 40 min ago
- Cat hoarder at Grace Kelly home found guilty 6 min ago
- Person possibly struck by train in Center City 23 min ago
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- Car, SUV collide outside Trenton firehouse
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Purse snatcher at Willow Grove Mall caught on camera
- Accused Craigslist robber charged with murdering accomplice 56 min ago
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed
- Security breach affected all cards, not...
40 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos