Students evacuated from elementary school in Delaware County
PARKSIDE, Pa. - April 19, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police activity prompted officials to evacuate youngsters from Parkside Elementary School in Delaware County on Friday.
It happened after police converged on the unit block of East Forest View Road near the school in Parkside, Pa.
The reason for the police presence was not disclosed.
As officers arrived, school officials, acting on the advice of police, decided to evacuate the school.
About 250 students and staff were bused from Parkside to Coebourn Elementary School in Brookhaven.
Parents were notified that the students could be picked up there any time by end of the school day.
According to a letter to parents on the school's website from Superintendent of Schools George Steinhoff, "Students and staff were at all times safe, there was never a disturbance in the school whatsoever, and the transport of students to Coebourn went very well."
Police would not reveal any details about their activity.
pennsylvania, school, local/state
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Clouds to sun, cool today 9 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Driver killed in collision with Taxi Cab in Olney 13 min ago
- Water main break cancels Cheyney U. classes
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Crescentville shooting
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- Tour bus catches fire in Galloway Twp.
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co.
- Clouds to sun, cool today
9 min ago