Suspect sought in Wissinoming sexual assault, robbery
WISSINOMING - April 19, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police are searching for the suspect who sexually assaulted and robbed a 19-year-old woman in Wissinoming.
It happened on April 8th around 3:45 a.m.
Authorities say the victim was walking from the SEPTA Frankford Terminal on the 5700 block of Frankford Avenue.
According to police, the suspect approached the woman and attempted to have a conversation with her.
As the woman continued walking, he allegedly punched her in the face, picked her up and took her to a nearby recreation center where she was sexually assaulted. He then fled, getting away with $100.
The suspect is described as a black male, 25-35 years-old, 6'0" with a medium build, dark complexion and beard.
He was last seen wearing glasses, blue jeans and a red hooded sweatshirt with white designs or patches on the front and sleeve.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the Philadelphia Police Tipline at 215.686.TIPS (8477) or by texting a tip to PPD TIP or 773847.
philadelphia, sex assault, robbery, local/state
- Photos: Maps of Monday's expected snow
- Snow likely Sunday into Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- SEPTA union agrees to keep working 9 min ago
- Break dancers spark controversy on SEPTA trains 4 min ago
- 3 injured in 2-alarm fire in Holmesburg
- Students evacuated in Camden H.S. gas leak
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL 29 min ago
- Missing plane: Piracy theory gains more credence 14 min ago
- Police investigate death of toddler at Del. daycare
- Teen father arrested for biting nose off infant
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Video: Pastor collapses, dies, after admitting...
- SEPTA union agrees to keep working
9 min ago
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
29 min ago