Arrest in 2012 Pleasantville teen murders
PLEASANTVILLE, N.J. - April 19, 2013 (WPVI) -- An 18-year-old has been charged in the December 2012 murder of two teenagers in Pleasantville, Atlantic County.
Police arrested the alleged shooter on Thursday afternoon but are not releasing his name because he was 17 at the time and has been charged as a juvenile.
The suspect is facing charges in the murders of 19-year-old Taron Williams and 13-year-old Todd Mitchell.
Police say on Dec. 5, Williams and Mitchell were found by a home on Woodland Avenue with multiple gunshot wounds.
Both were taken to AtlantiCare Regional Medical Center where they were later pronounced dead.
The 18-year-old suspect faces murder, robbery and weapons charges. He remains in a juvenile detention center pending a hearing.
shooting, atlantic county, new jersey, local/state
- Plane's landing gear collapses at Phila. Airport
- After a Cold Night, Temps Rebound
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Police investigate death of toddler at Del. daycare
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Police: Coatesville man died before fire began
- NJ charges 4 with false Sandy aid applications
- Missing plane sent signals to satellite for hours
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 8th body recovered after NYC explosion
- Philadelphia Zoo welcomes 2 new tiger cubs