Delaware police arrest 2 cousins on drug charges
NEW CASTLE CO., Del. - April 27, 2013 (WPVI) -- New Castle County Police have arrested two cousins on drug related charges Friday.
Delaware police arrested 22-year-old Andre Laws and 29-year-old Davern Laws after confirming the pair was involved in drug sales in the community of Edgemoor Gardens.
Members of the Mobile Enforcement Team were called to the unit block of North Pennewell Drive where officers observed Andre Laws removing something from a gold Acura parked in front of a vacant home.
Police say Andre Laws, who did not have a valid driver's license, drove off in a gold Ford Taurus. Police stopped the vehicle near Rysing and Salisbury drive.
Police discovered synthetic marijuana, suboxone and 15 bags of heroin packaged for sale in the car along with over $700 in cash.
Police later observed Davern Laws, who was identified as Andre Laws' cousin, carrying a bag and acting suspicious before getting into the gold Acura parked in front of the vacant property.
Police discovered a marijuana cigar and drug paraphernalia in the Acura along with 22 bags of heroin packaged for sale.
Both men were taken into custody without incident and face numerous drug charges including possession with intent to sell and other related offenses.
Both men are being held on over $20,000 cash bail.
drugs, new castle county, delaware, local/state
- 2 dead after truck and car collide in Mercer County 11 min ago
- Bitter Blast Thursday
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Suspects tie up 71-year-old in home invasion
- Worker shocked by electrical cable in East Falls
- Bandit holds up TD Bank in Chestnut Hill
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- American University campus lockdown lifted
- Fake deaf interpreter crashes Mandela memorial
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Narcotic officers raid Lacey High School
- NASA: Cooling pump on space station shuts down
- Video: Cover Story: Can Foles break jinx?