Driver charged after attacking 3 New Jersey officers
ABSECON, N.J. (AP) - April 20, 2013 (WPVI) -- Authorities say charges are pending against an accused hit-and-run driver who allegedly attacked three southern New Jersey police officers as they tried to question her about the accident.
Officials say the crash occurred just before 8:00 p.m. Friday in Atlantic City. The driver, whose name was not released, was stopped a short time later on Route 30 in Absecon.
Police say the driver became combative with the Absecon officers when they asked her to get out of the vehicle and a struggle ensued. Two of the officers were treated at a hospital for minor injuries, while the third was not injured.
Further details on the hit-and-run crash and the alleged attack were not disclosed.
police, accident, new jersey, local/state
- Plane's landing gear collapses at Phila. Airport
- After a Cold Night, Temps Rebound
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Police: Coatesville man died before fire began
- NJ charges 4 with false Sandy aid applications
- After 6 days, Malaysian jet mystery still unsolved
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 7th body recovered after NYC explosion
- Philadelphia Zoo welcomes 2 new tiger cubs
- Video: Man punches boy, 8, steals his iPad