Crimefighters: Who killed Rasheeda Pegues?
CAMDEN, N.J. - April 20, 2013 (WPVI) -- A woman was found shot dead outside her Camden apartment in December and her family is still seeking answers.
"She worked, she helped out other people, she was a very pleasant, outgoing individual, loved spending time with her family and friends," said Londa R. Coles-Pegues, mother.
25-year-old Rasheeda Pegues was living on her own in Camden and just trying to carve out her spot in life.
That all ended abruptly on Monday, December 17th. Just before midnight Rasheeda's body was found lying in a parking lot outside her apartment on the 200 block of Ferry Avenue.
"Apparently she was shot three times," said Tyesha Pegues, sister.
Her family can't imagine why Rasheeda was murdered.
"It's unbelievable, I'm wondering why her? She didn't bother anybody," said Londa.
The Citizens Crime Commission is administering a $1,000 reward for any information leading to the arrest and conviction of the person responsible.
All you have to do is call 215-546-TIPS (8477) and all calls will remain anonymous.
For the grieving family, they are hoping for tips of any kind.
"It's not going to change the fact that she's not here, it's not going to change the fact that we miss her but at least it will give us some type of closure," said Tyesha.
new jersey, camden, shooting, homicide, crimefighters, local/state, rick williams
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say 22 min ago
- Mostly sunny, very windy today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pizza deliveryman ID'd in police shooting
- Fmr. Devon Prep teacher faces child porn charges
- 4 alarm fire burns at motel in Berks County
- 3rd lottery jackpot hits at Atlantic Co. truck stop
- Detectives serve warrants at Chester police station
- New 'object of interest' in missing jet hunt
- Restaurant plans new statue of Joe Paterno
- Photo released of anti-Semetic vandalism suspect
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- What would you ask Mayor Nutter?
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say
22 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos