Crimefighters: Who killed Rasheeda Pegues?
CAMDEN, N.J. - April 20, 2013 (WPVI) -- A woman was found shot dead outside her Camden apartment in December and her family is still seeking answers.
"She worked, she helped out other people, she was a very pleasant, outgoing individual, loved spending time with her family and friends," said Londa R. Coles-Pegues, mother.
25-year-old Rasheeda Pegues was living on her own in Camden and just trying to carve out her spot in life.
That all ended abruptly on Monday, December 17th. Just before midnight Rasheeda's body was found lying in a parking lot outside her apartment on the 200 block of Ferry Avenue.
"Apparently she was shot three times," said Tyesha Pegues, sister.
Her family can't imagine why Rasheeda was murdered.
"It's unbelievable, I'm wondering why her? She didn't bother anybody," said Londa.
The Citizens Crime Commission is administering a $1,000 reward for any information leading to the arrest and conviction of the person responsible.
All you have to do is call 215-546-TIPS (8477) and all calls will remain anonymous.
For the grieving family, they are hoping for tips of any kind.
"It's not going to change the fact that she's not here, it's not going to change the fact that we miss her but at least it will give us some type of closure," said Tyesha.
new jersey, camden, shooting, homicide, crimefighters, local/state, rick williams
- Photos: Weekend storm forecast maps
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Drugs, $29K seized in raid at Rowan U. dorm 28 min ago
- Police search for missing Rider University student
- Coroner: Frat pledge died from head injuries 45 min ago
- Tennis coach charged with corruption of minors
- Police: Driver dies in crash after fleeing 2 others
- Arrest made after taxi carjacking in South Phila.
- Man arrested in car bomb plot at Kansas airport 6 min ago
- Mega Millions jackpot jumps to $425-million
- Driver facing drug charges after crash with police cruiser 29 min ago
- Chase ends near Sports Complex; suspects sought