Man struck twice on City Avenue, driver flees
WYNNEFIELD - April 21, 2013 (WPVI) -- A 62-year-old man was injured after being struck by two cars in the Wynnefield section of Philadelphia overnight.
Police say the man was crossing City Avenue just south of Belmont Avenue around midnight Sunday when he was struck by a dark colored vehicle traveling north on City Avenue.
The driver fled from the scene.
The impact of the crash, though, hurled the victim into the path of a Lexus also traveling north on City Avenue.
The driver of the Lexus remained at the scene.
Medics transported the injured man to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania where he is in stable condition.
philadelphia, wynnefield, accident, hit and run, local/state
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance deliberate
- Breezy And Mild!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Elderly woman crashes into Toms River law ofc. 27 min ago
- 2 couples robbed at gunpoint in North Philly
- Fire forces 11 people from their homes
- Driver crashes SUV into pole in East Falls, DUI suspected
- 3 people injured in Roosevelt Boulevard crash
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes
- Moving day for Oak Lane Garden residents
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- 100 plus weight loss journey to healthy living
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos