Man struck twice on City Avenue, driver flees
WYNNEFIELD - April 21, 2013 (WPVI) -- A 62-year-old man was injured after being struck by two cars in the Wynnefield section of Philadelphia overnight.
Police say the man was crossing City Avenue just south of Belmont Avenue around midnight Sunday when he was struck by a dark colored vehicle traveling north on City Avenue.
The driver fled from the scene.
The impact of the crash, though, hurled the victim into the path of a Lexus also traveling north on City Avenue.
The driver of the Lexus remained at the scene.
Medics transported the injured man to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania where he is in stable condition.
philadelphia, wynnefield, accident, hit and run, local/state
- Cat hoarder at Grace Kelly home found guilty
- Turning Milder 52 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings 59 min ago
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Teacher admits to sex with 4 students
- On video: Armed robber fails after KFC workers flee 18 min ago
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp. 30 min ago
- Woman injured in incident on train tracks in Center City 26 min ago
- Police in standoff at home in Uwchlan Twp.
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- Purse snatcher at Willow Grove Mall caught on camera
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed
- Woman injured in incident on train tracks...
26 min ago
- Water pressure problems plague Trenton
52 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos