Man struck twice on City Avenue, driver flees
WYNNEFIELD - April 21, 2013 (WPVI) -- A 62-year-old man was injured after being struck by two cars in the Wynnefield section of Philadelphia overnight.
Police say the man was crossing City Avenue just south of Belmont Avenue around midnight Sunday when he was struck by a dark colored vehicle traveling north on City Avenue.
The driver fled from the scene.
The impact of the crash, though, hurled the victim into the path of a Lexus also traveling north on City Avenue.
The driver of the Lexus remained at the scene.
Medics transported the injured man to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania where he is in stable condition.
philadelphia, wynnefield, accident, hit and run, local/state
- Apparent misunderstanding in police shooting 48 min ago
- Mostly sunny, very windy today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Detectives serve warrants at Chester police station
- New 'object of interest' in missing jet hunt
- 3 shot during funeral at Trenton church
- Serial burglar strikes South Phila. businesses
- 6abc viewer helps police nab $18K jewelry suspect
- Police release surveillance of Target heist
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Video: Video gamer is the victim of SWATting hoax
- Video: Dying dog in Canada has bucket list
- What would you ask Mayor Nutter?
- Apparent misunderstanding in police shooting
48 min ago
- Fire damages corner store in North Phila.
51 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos