Driver crashes into utility pole, fence in Overbrook
OVERBROOK - April 21, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police are searching for a driver who fled after leaving a path of destruction in the Overbrook section.
It all happened near the intersection of 64th and Jefferson streets at about 2:30 a.m. Sunday.
Police say the driver of an SUV lost control and struck a utility pole.
The force of the crash snapped the pole in half and brought down wires.
The SUV then ran through a fence and stopped against a home. The driver ran off.
A passenger in the SUV was taken to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania with minor injuries.
philadelphia, overbrook, accident, local/state
- Boy dies after Mayfair drowning incident 4 min ago
- Lots of sun, chilly today 40 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead 45 min ago
- Minivan, car collide head-on in Paoli 42 min ago
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Lockdown lifted at Pennsbury High School
- Made In America Festival in Philly and LA 48 min ago
- Elderly woman hurt in East Windsor apartment fire 24 min ago
- Multiple arrests after fight in bar parking lot
- 19-year-old struck, killed in Bordentown ID'd
- 292 missing, 4 dead in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: Wawa celebrates 50 years
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp.
35 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos