Driver crashes into utility pole, fence in Overbrook
OVERBROOK - April 21, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police are searching for a driver who fled after leaving a path of destruction in the Overbrook section.
It all happened near the intersection of 64th and Jefferson streets at about 2:30 a.m. Sunday.
Police say the driver of an SUV lost control and struck a utility pole.
The force of the crash snapped the pole in half and brought down wires.
The SUV then ran through a fence and stopped against a home. The driver ran off.
A passenger in the SUV was taken to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania with minor injuries.
philadelphia, overbrook, accident, local/state
- Photos: AccuWeather Maps: Snow arrives
- Snow will turn the ground white again!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Woman, 98, injured in Powelton high-rise fire
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- Crimeans vote to leave Ukraine, join Russia
- March Madness: Villanova, St. Joe's, UDel all in
- Delaware man suspected in 14 different thefts
- NJ salon customer allegedly attacks employees
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids