Driver crashes into utility pole, fence in Overbrook
OVERBROOK - April 21, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police are searching for a driver who fled after leaving a path of destruction in the Overbrook section.
It all happened near the intersection of 64th and Jefferson streets at about 2:30 a.m. Sunday.
Police say the driver of an SUV lost control and struck a utility pole.
The force of the crash snapped the pole in half and brought down wires.
The SUV then ran through a fence and stopped against a home. The driver ran off.
A passenger in the SUV was taken to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania with minor injuries.
philadelphia, overbrook, accident, local/state
- 4 charged with murder in deadly NJ mall carjacking 1 min ago
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police investigate tire slashings in South Philadelphia
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- Police investigate truck accident on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Police investigate double shooting in Mantua
- 3 rescued after car plunges into Delaware pond
- 2 suspects wanted in home invasion in Dover
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- 4 charged with murder in deadly NJ mall...
1 min ago