Body of missing Atlantic City man found
ATLANTIC CITY - April 21, 2013 (WPVI) -- A body found floating in the water in Atlantic County has been identified by police as a missing Atlantic City man.
A resident walking her pet along the walkway in the 1800 block of Horace Bryant Drive called police at 8:21 a.m. Sunday to report a body floating in the water.
The Atlantic City Police Department, Atlantic City Fire Department and the Marine Police responded to the Penrose Avenue Canal area.
The body was removed from the water and turned over to the Medical Examiner's Office.
The Medical Examiner's Office and investigators positively identified the body as that of Patrick Jacobs.
Jacobs, 49, was last seen on April 6th at his home in the 1500 block of North Ohio Avenue.
He contacted a friend on his cell phone around 11:00 p.m. but was never heard from after that.
Investigators believe there is no sign of foul play.
The cause and manner of death are pending further medical studies.
new jersey, atlantic city, atlantic county, body found, missing person, local/state
- Cab driver shot outside Hunting Park nightclub
- AccuWeather: Tracking a Wintry Weekend 4 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Man critically injured in Camden County crash
- 4 shot outside Delaware nightclub
- More of US expected to see snow, sleet, ice
- Pearl Harbor ceremonies marks bombing anniversary
- Teacher says he was fired because he is gay
- 2nd suspect surrenders in Christmas package theft
- Temple University cuts 7 intercollegiate sports
- Residents displaced after high-rise fire
- NKorea says it deported US tourist and war vet
- Victim ID'd in deadly Wilmington hit-and-run
- AccuWeather: Tracking a Wintry Weekend
4 min ago