Body of missing Atlantic City man found
ATLANTIC CITY - April 21, 2013 (WPVI) -- A body found floating in the water in Atlantic County has been identified by police as a missing Atlantic City man.
A resident walking her pet along the walkway in the 1800 block of Horace Bryant Drive called police at 8:21 a.m. Sunday to report a body floating in the water.
The Atlantic City Police Department, Atlantic City Fire Department and the Marine Police responded to the Penrose Avenue Canal area.
The body was removed from the water and turned over to the Medical Examiner's Office.
The Medical Examiner's Office and investigators positively identified the body as that of Patrick Jacobs.
Jacobs, 49, was last seen on April 6th at his home in the 1500 block of North Ohio Avenue.
He contacted a friend on his cell phone around 11:00 p.m. but was never heard from after that.
Investigators believe there is no sign of foul play.
The cause and manner of death are pending further medical studies.
new jersey, atlantic city, atlantic county, body found, missing person, local/state
- Apartments evacuated in Bucks Co. hazmat investigation 13 min ago
- Sunny and Cooler!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- SEPTA trolley collides with taxi in West Philadelphia 37 min ago
- Man gets pinned under van in Logan crash
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd.
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino 57 min ago
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ