Mother charged after 2 kids hurt in Norristown fire
NORRISTOWN, Pa. - April 22, 2013 (WPVI) -- A teen mother is facing charges after her two children were injured in a fire Sunday afternoon in Norristown, Montgomery County.
Fire officials were called to the 100 block of East Marshall Street at 12:49 p.m.
Arriving crews reported seeing a fire in the kitchen and managed to quickly place the blaze under control.
Two children were flown to Children's Hospital of Philadelphia in unknown condition.
The mother of the two children, 18-year-old Semaj Suber, is charged with two counts of endangering the welfare of children, reckless endangerment and simple assault.
Suber was arraigned Sunday and released on $5,000 unsecured bail.
pennsylvania, montgomery county, norristown, fire, local/state
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance deliberate
- Breezy And Mild!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2 couples robbed at gunpoint in North Philly
- Fire forces 11 people from their homes
- Driver crashes SUV into pole in East Falls, DUI suspected 58 min ago
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes
- Moving day for Oak Lane Garden residents
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike 35 min ago
- 100 plus weight loss journey to healthy living
- Boyd Theatre to be demolished, rebuilt
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos