Family dispute leads to standoff in Voorhees
VOORHEES, N.J. - April 21, 2013 (WPVI) -- A family dispute led to some tense moments involving a standoff in Voorhees, New Jersey.
Authorities were called Sunday afternoon to a home on Burnham Lane in the Beagle Club for the report of a man barricaded in a house.
Action News has learned the 29-year-old man's parents threw him out Saturday and were just granted a restraining order against him.
When the man came home, his parents called police while he barricaded himself inside.
Police called in SWAT teams and extra support, however the man was not armed and later surrendered peacefully.
new jersey, camden county, local/state
- Numbers drawn for $636M Mega Millions jackpot
- Overnight Snow Showers South
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Water main break causes river of ice in Cherry Hill 23 min ago
- Fire damages South Philadelphia apartment 4 min ago
- Phila. attorney Charles Peruto, Sr. dies
- Dramatic video released of violent 7-Eleven robbery
- Coach charged with sexually assaulting 4 more victims
- Woman found murdered in Bethlehem
- 91-year-old man stabbed, robbed in Egg Harbor
- Harvard student charged in campus bomb hoax
- Kevin Hart on stolen computers: I'll be back