Family dispute leads to standoff in Voorhees
VOORHEES, N.J. - April 21, 2013 (WPVI) -- A family dispute led to some tense moments involving a standoff in Voorhees, New Jersey.
Authorities were called Sunday afternoon to a home on Burnham Lane in the Beagle Club for the report of a man barricaded in a house.
Action News has learned the 29-year-old man's parents threw him out Saturday and were just granted a restraining order against him.
When the man came home, his parents called police while he barricaded himself inside.
Police called in SWAT teams and extra support, however the man was not armed and later surrendered peacefully.
new jersey, camden county, local/state
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse
- AccuWeather: Friday Clouds and SE Rain
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 Phila. schools closed Friday, staff relocated
- How to safeguard your computer against kidnappers
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Police: Gloucester Co. woman's death a homicide
- Police search for missing Philadelphia couple
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Resident return to assess damage from Ewing explosion
- K9 unit leads police to burglary suspect in Medford
- Obama says Crimea separation would violate law
- Upper Darby cop charged with DUI in hit-and-run