Family dispute leads to standoff in Voorhees
VOORHEES, N.J. - April 21, 2013 (WPVI) -- A family dispute led to some tense moments involving a standoff in Voorhees, New Jersey.
Authorities were called Sunday afternoon to a home on Burnham Lane in the Beagle Club for the report of a man barricaded in a house.
Action News has learned the 29-year-old man's parents threw him out Saturday and were just granted a restraining order against him.
When the man came home, his parents called police while he barricaded himself inside.
Police called in SWAT teams and extra support, however the man was not armed and later surrendered peacefully.
new jersey, camden county, local/state
- Missing Philadelphia couple found safe
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain 6 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett to announce Vatican trip
- Police identify mystery hit-and-run victim 50 min ago
- Officers drive into hail of gunfire in N. Phila.
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Police: Gloucester Co. woman's death a homicide
- Resident return to assess damage from Ewing explosion
- Video: Secret Oreo cookie recipe sold to China
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: Wedding of cop, teacher at Flower Show
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain
6 min ago
- Police identify mystery hit-and-run victim
50 min ago