Family dispute leads to standoff in Voorhees
VOORHEES, N.J. - April 21, 2013 (WPVI) -- A family dispute led to some tense moments involving a standoff in Voorhees, New Jersey.
Authorities were called Sunday afternoon to a home on Burnham Lane in the Beagle Club for the report of a man barricaded in a house.
Action News has learned the 29-year-old man's parents threw him out Saturday and were just granted a restraining order against him.
When the man came home, his parents called police while he barricaded himself inside.
Police called in SWAT teams and extra support, however the man was not armed and later surrendered peacefully.
new jersey, camden county, local/state
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket 37 min ago
- Turning Milder
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Video captures Laundromat robbery
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Cat hoarder at Grace Kelly home found guilty
- Arsonist tries to torch atheist billboard in NJ
- Teacher admits to sex with 4 students
- On video: Armed robber fails after KFC workers flee
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp.
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos