Delaware court gunman autopsy shows brain tumor
WILMINGTON, Del. - April 22, 2013 (WPVI) -- The autopsy report for a Texas man who killed his former daughter-in-law and another woman at a Delaware courthouse shows he had a brain tumor.
The report notes a large tumor known as a meningioma was found during the autopsy.
Authorities say 68-year-old Thomas Matusiewicz killed himself following the courthouse shooting Feb. 11. His widow, Lenore Matusiewicz had sought an independent autopsy saying she believes an untreated brain tumor was to blame for her husband's actions.
Matusiewicz, a former New Jersey police officer, was cremated shortly after his body was released by the state. The Delaware attorney general's office had initially refused to allow the release of the autopsy to the family, citing an ongoing investigation.
The shooting capped a lengthy custody battle between Matusiewicz' son and his ex-wife.
wilmington, delaware, shooting, local/state
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video 13 min ago
- Wet to Wintry! 42 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line 15 min ago
- Moment of silence marks Boston bombings
- Bucks Co. runner set to return to Boston Marathon 24 min ago
- Hundreds rescued after ferry sinks near South Korea 55 min ago
- 20-month-old found safe, Amber Alert canceled
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp. 14 min ago
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Woman delivers baby after church van crash
- Police: Pa. man tries to snatch baby from stroller
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught...
13 min ago
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish...
15 min ago
- Bucks Co. runner set to return to Boston...
24 min ago