Delaware court gunman autopsy shows brain tumor
WILMINGTON, Del. - April 22, 2013 (WPVI) -- The autopsy report for a Texas man who killed his former daughter-in-law and another woman at a Delaware courthouse shows he had a brain tumor.
The report notes a large tumor known as a meningioma was found during the autopsy.
Authorities say 68-year-old Thomas Matusiewicz killed himself following the courthouse shooting Feb. 11. His widow, Lenore Matusiewicz had sought an independent autopsy saying she believes an untreated brain tumor was to blame for her husband's actions.
Matusiewicz, a former New Jersey police officer, was cremated shortly after his body was released by the state. The Delaware attorney general's office had initially refused to allow the release of the autopsy to the family, citing an ongoing investigation.
The shooting capped a lengthy custody battle between Matusiewicz' son and his ex-wife.
wilmington, delaware, shooting, local/state
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge 10 min ago
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman 32 min ago
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco 57 min ago
- ID theft warrant leads to pot bust in Hamilton Twp. 2 min ago
- Police car crash leads to chase in N. Phila.
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Gun falls out of sock, kills thrift store worker
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more