Man shot in the legs in West Philadelphia
WEST PHILADELPHIA - April 22, 2013 (WPVI) -- A 20-year-old man says he was followed and shot in the legs in West Philadelphia early Monday morning.
The shooting happened around 1:00 a.m. at the intersection of 61st Street and Larchwood Avenue.
The victim told police that two people were following him, and that when he began to run one of the the suspects opened fire on him.
The victim was rushed to the hospital for treatment.
Police are searching for the suspects who fled the scene.
shooting, west philadelphia, philadelphia, local/state
- ABC News: Possible security breach at Target
- Winter Warm Up
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police search for suspects in religious store robbery
- Jewelry thieves target Montgomery Co. open houses
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Upper Darby's Chitwood reflects on career
- Video: Soldier returning from Afghanistan...
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed