Man shot in the legs in West Philadelphia
WEST PHILADELPHIA - April 22, 2013 (WPVI) -- A 20-year-old man says he was followed and shot in the legs in West Philadelphia early Monday morning.
The shooting happened around 1:00 a.m. at the intersection of 61st Street and Larchwood Avenue.
The victim told police that two people were following him, and that when he began to run one of the the suspects opened fire on him.
The victim was rushed to the hospital for treatment.
Police are searching for the suspects who fled the scene.
shooting, west philadelphia, philadelphia, local/state
- Photos: LATEST MAPS: 6+" in parts of NJ 59 min ago
- Winter's Last Blast
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Video: Annie McCormick: Snow in Atlantic City
- Video: Katherine Scott: Snow in Delaware
- Video: Car spins out on I-95 in South Phila. 19 min ago
- Woman, 98, injured in Powelton high-rise fire
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- Delaware man suspected in 14 different thefts
- NJ salon customer allegedly attacks employees
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash