Man shot in the legs in West Philadelphia
WEST PHILADELPHIA - April 22, 2013 (WPVI) -- A 20-year-old man says he was followed and shot in the legs in West Philadelphia early Monday morning.
The shooting happened around 1:00 a.m. at the intersection of 61st Street and Larchwood Avenue.
The victim told police that two people were following him, and that when he began to run one of the the suspects opened fire on him.
The victim was rushed to the hospital for treatment.
Police are searching for the suspects who fled the scene.
shooting, west philadelphia, philadelphia, local/state
- 7-alarm fire destroys homes in Sea Isle City 56 min ago
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- 76ers owner Harris calls 19-win season 'success'
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- Bride gets help after banquet closes
- Worth the wait: Easter treats in Philadelphia
- Miley Cyrus still hospitalized, postpones Philly show 17 min ago
- 7-alarm fire destroys homes in Sea Isle City
56 min ago