Report: 2 arrested in NJ for homemade explosives
BAYONNE, N.J. - April 22, 2013 (WPVI) -- Two northern New Jersey men are scheduled to appear in court Monday after they were detained for allegedly setting off homemade explosives.
Police tell the Jersey Journal that they were called to a home in Bayonne on Saturday afternoon on reports that people were throwing bottles from an apartment that were exploding.
One resident told WPIX TV that two loud blasts shook his apartment. No one was injured.
Bayonne police responded to the scene along with the Jersey City police department's bomb squad and members of a federal joint terrorism task force.
Twenty-one-year-old Christopher Ziobro and 18-year-old Ghaias Mirza were taken into custody. It was not known if either of the two men had retained an attorney.
Information from: The Jersey Journal (Jersey City, N.J.), http://www.nj.com/jjournal
new jersey, local/state
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse
- AccuWeather: Friday Clouds and SE Rain
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 Phila. schools closed Friday, staff relocated
- How to safeguard your computer against kidnappers
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Police: Gloucester Co. woman's death a homicide
- Police search for missing Philadelphia couple
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Resident return to assess damage from Ewing explosion
- K9 unit leads police to burglary suspect in Medford
- Obama says Crimea separation would violate law
- Upper Darby cop charged with DUI in hit-and-run