Report: 2 arrested in NJ for homemade explosives
BAYONNE, N.J. - April 22, 2013 (WPVI) -- Two northern New Jersey men are scheduled to appear in court Monday after they were detained for allegedly setting off homemade explosives.
Police tell the Jersey Journal that they were called to a home in Bayonne on Saturday afternoon on reports that people were throwing bottles from an apartment that were exploding.
One resident told WPIX TV that two loud blasts shook his apartment. No one was injured.
Bayonne police responded to the scene along with the Jersey City police department's bomb squad and members of a federal joint terrorism task force.
Twenty-one-year-old Christopher Ziobro and 18-year-old Ghaias Mirza were taken into custody. It was not known if either of the two men had retained an attorney.
Information from: The Jersey Journal (Jersey City, N.J.), http://www.nj.com/jjournal
new jersey, local/state
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- AccuWeather: Tracking light snow tonight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car 12 min ago
- Police: Man strikes own brother in hit and run
- Berks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas
- 2 men, sitting in SUV, shot in Chester
- Van crash leaves 2 men trapped in Center City
- Victim critical after stabbing in Frankford
- 2 women injured in Overbrook fire
- Crimea votes on Ukraine secession
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids 19 min ago
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by...
12 min ago