Report: 2 arrested in NJ for homemade explosives
BAYONNE, N.J. - April 22, 2013 (WPVI) -- Two northern New Jersey men are scheduled to appear in court Monday after they were detained for allegedly setting off homemade explosives.
Police tell the Jersey Journal that they were called to a home in Bayonne on Saturday afternoon on reports that people were throwing bottles from an apartment that were exploding.
One resident told WPIX TV that two loud blasts shook his apartment. No one was injured.
Bayonne police responded to the scene along with the Jersey City police department's bomb squad and members of a federal joint terrorism task force.
Twenty-one-year-old Christopher Ziobro and 18-year-old Ghaias Mirza were taken into custody. It was not known if either of the two men had retained an attorney.
Information from: The Jersey Journal (Jersey City, N.J.), http://www.nj.com/jjournal
new jersey, local/state
- Suspects tie up 71-year-old in home invasion 24 min ago
- Bitter Blast Thursday
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Worker shocked by electrical cable in East Falls 30 min ago
- Bandit holds up TD Bank in Chestnut Hill 32 min ago
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- American University campus lockdown lifted
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Shooting victim drives to Broad St. police station
- Narcotic officers raid Lacey High School
- NASA: Cooling pump on space station shuts down 19 min ago
- Fake deaf interpreter crashes Mandela memorial
- Video: Cover Story: Can Foles break jinx?
- Suspects tie up 71-year-old in home invasion
24 min ago
- Worker shocked by electrical cable in East...
30 min ago
- NASA: Cooling pump on space station shuts...
19 min ago
- SPCA rescues abandoned dog in Germantown
23 min ago