Biden announces new gun-control legislation
WILMINGTON, Del. (AP) - April 22, 2013 (WPVI) -- Delaware Attorney General Beau Biden wants to make it more difficult for people considered to be a danger to themselves or others to obtain guns.
Biden proposed legislation Monday requiring mental health providers, including school counselors, to call police if they believe a person poses a danger to himself or others. Police would investigate and would refer the case to the state Department of Justice if they believe the person shouldn't have access to a gun.
The DOJ could then ask a judge to prohibit the person from owning or possessing a gun. The judge also could order the seizure of any guns the person has. In the case of a troubled child, authorities could seize any guns owned by a parent or guardian with whom the child is living.
delaware, beau biden, guns, local/state
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Temps Soar 19 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery 5 min ago
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- 1 dead after car plunges into lake in Vineland 27 min ago
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings
- Temps Soar
19 min ago