3 arrested for holding adults, children hostage in Bucks County
BRISTOL TWP., Pa. - April 23, 2013 (WPVI) -- Three men allegedly held a Bucks County family hostage for hours and forced them to withdraw tens of thousands of dollars from the bank.
Police called this a well thought out plan, but it was thwarted thanks to an alert bank teller.
According to police, Orlando McNeill was the organizer of the trio accused of holding four adults and three little girls hostage in a basement apartment off of Ford Road in Bristol.
Police say their target Dwayne Stancil, who recently received cash from an insurance payout.
McNeill told police he knew the victim as a "hustler," and thought he would have "two or three stacks on him, and more inside."
But the defendant denies knowing about the insurance money.
While McNeill waited in an SUV, his accomplices, Daesean Smith and Dennis Redding, barged into the apartment and ordered Stancil to get $80,000 from a nearby PNC Bank branch.
Smith and Redding allegedly duct taped the victims and made some strip, holding them for nine hours until the transaction was complete.
When Stancil went to the bank, he told the teller what was happening. The teller only gave him $1,500 and called 911.
Police raced to the apartment and there they captured all three suspects. Authorities say they also recovered two handguns during a brief foot chase with the suspects.
All three face a list of charges, but McNeill faces the most charges.
Luckily, no one was seriously injured.
pennsylvania, bucks county, hostage, local/state
- Lockdown lifted at Pennsbury High School
- Lots of sun, chilly today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Multi-alarm fire at NJ apartment complex
- Western Pa. school reopens after stabbings
- Multiple arrests after fight in bar parking lot 52 min ago
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp.
- Photos: Pictures of damage from Tuesday's storm
- 19-year-old struck, killed in Bordentown ID'd 56 min ago
- 292 missing, 4 dead in South Korea ferry disaster 37 min ago
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Free coffee as Wawa celebrates 50th
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 19-year-old struck, killed in Bordentown ID'd
56 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos