Mom of children found in NJ storage may avoid jail
EWING, N.J. - April 23, 2013 (WPVI) -- The mother of two children found living for a month in a 5-by-10 foot storage unit in central New Jersey may avoid jail time.
The Times of Trenton reports 27-year-old Sheena Johnson may be considered for a pre-trial intervention program that sets conditions to keep a defendant out of jail.
Johnson was arraigned Monday in Ewing. She does not yet have a lawyer.
Johnson was arrested in Trenton last week after police said she had slashed an ex-boyfriend's tires. When police asked if she had any dependents as part of routine questioning, she said her children were waiting for a bus near a storage facility in nearby Ewing.
An officer checked the facility and found a 5-year-old and 10-year-old living in the unit that Johnson had rented.
Information from: The (Trenton, N.J.) Times, http://www.nj.com/times
new jersey, mercer county, children, local/state
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect 1 min ago
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days 2 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Investigators chasing 'every angle' on missing jet 29 min ago
- 2 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- Del. worker hospitalized after pretzel factory accident
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
1 min ago
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
2 min ago