Parents upset by dress code for NJ school dance
READINGTON, N.J. - April 23, 2013 (WPVI) -- Some parents are upset that a principal has banned girls from wearing strapless dresses to an eighth grade dance.
Mother Charlotte Nijenhuis tells the Courier News of Bridgewater she spoke to the Readington Middle School principal, who told her such dresses distract boys.
Nijenhuis says it's neither a woman's nor a girl's responsibility to control a man's or boy's behavior.
Melissa May says she would not allow her daughter to wear something that she felt was inappropriate.
The parents plan to take their dress code protest to the school board on Tuesday night.
Information from: Courier News (Bridgewater, N.J.) , http://www.mycentraljersey.com
new jersey, school, local/state
- School Closings & Delays
- Snow walloping Philadelphia area
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Storm brings snowy, icy conditions to Pa., NJ
- 1 dead, 50+ vehicles involved in Pa. Turnpike crashes
- Nearly 1 foot of snow in parts of Delaware
- Video: Snow-lovers sled down Art Museum steps
- Video: Time lapse of snow at the Linc
- Eagles beat Lions 34-20 in the snow
- Video: Phila. students dig out cars stuck in slush
- Video: Widener U. track team helps stuck drivers
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands