Fugitive captured following deadly shooting in Chester, Pa.
CHESTER, Pa. - April 23, 2013 (WPVI) -- Authorities have arrested the fugitive wanted in connection with a shooting that left a 21-year-old man dead and an 82-year-old grandmother critically wounded.
Naim Tyrek Williams, 18, was arrested Tuesday in Delaware.
Police had been searching for Williams since he allegedly opened fire near 22nd and Crozer on April 17th at 1:30 p.m.
In the exchange of bullets, 21-year-old Demetrius Jones was shot in the head. He later died of his injuries.
A stray bullet came through the front window of 146 22nd Street. Police say 82-year-old Edith Hardy was sitting on a sofa waiting for a ride to the store when she was hit by a bullet in the neck.
She was rushed to the hospital in critical condition.
Williams is being charged with first and third degree murder and related offenses.
delaware, chester, delaware county, shooting, local/state
- 2 dead after building explosion in New York City 21 min ago
- AccuWeather: Thunderstorms possible today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Delco 2nd grade teacher groped girls in class 39 min ago
- Montco 3rd grader hospitalized with meningitis infection
- Phila. cop charged with false imprisonment 28 min ago
- Photos: Pictures from East Harlem explosion
- Man in boxers attacks police station, cars 41 min ago
- NJ teen who sued parents returns home 33 min ago
- Pa. state senator charged with misuse of office
- Homes evacuated in Tacony for gas leak
- Co. carjacking suspect arrested after rush hour chase
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane
- Man in boxers attacks police station, cars
41 min ago