Fugitive captured following deadly shooting in Chester, Pa.
CHESTER, Pa. - April 23, 2013 (WPVI) -- Authorities have arrested the fugitive wanted in connection with a shooting that left a 21-year-old man dead and an 82-year-old grandmother critically wounded.
Naim Tyrek Williams, 18, was arrested Tuesday in Delaware.
Police had been searching for Williams since he allegedly opened fire near 22nd and Crozer on April 17th at 1:30 p.m.
In the exchange of bullets, 21-year-old Demetrius Jones was shot in the head. He later died of his injuries.
A stray bullet came through the front window of 146 22nd Street. Police say 82-year-old Edith Hardy was sitting on a sofa waiting for a ride to the store when she was hit by a bullet in the neck.
She was rushed to the hospital in critical condition.
Williams is being charged with first and third degree murder and related offenses.
delaware, chester, delaware county, shooting, local/state
- More Snow on the Way
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Winter storm forecast maps
- 2 arrested for violent Center City attack
- Thief steals $17K from Philadelphia charter school
- Arrest in S. Phila. Christmas decoration theft
- Princeton begins meningitis B vaccinations
- ID released of man killed on Pa. Turnpike
- Man who bought guns for teen sentenced
- US Airways, American merger complete
- Study: Child an hour injured on high chairs
- Rachael Ray's cookbook competition