Fugitive captured following deadly shooting in Chester, Pa.
CHESTER, Pa. - April 23, 2013 (WPVI) -- Authorities have arrested the fugitive wanted in connection with a shooting that left a 21-year-old man dead and an 82-year-old grandmother critically wounded.
Naim Tyrek Williams, 18, was arrested Tuesday in Delaware.
Police had been searching for Williams since he allegedly opened fire near 22nd and Crozer on April 17th at 1:30 p.m.
In the exchange of bullets, 21-year-old Demetrius Jones was shot in the head. He later died of his injuries.
A stray bullet came through the front window of 146 22nd Street. Police say 82-year-old Edith Hardy was sitting on a sofa waiting for a ride to the store when she was hit by a bullet in the neck.
She was rushed to the hospital in critical condition.
Williams is being charged with first and third degree murder and related offenses.
delaware, chester, delaware county, shooting, local/state
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ