2-alarm fire damages Voorhees home
VOORHEES, N.J. - April 23, 2013 (WPVI) -- Fire broke out in the garage of a Voorhees townhouse Tuesday evening.
The fire started around 5:00 p.m. in the unit block of Stokes Avenue.
The owner of the home heard a pop sound and opened the garage to find smoke and flames.
Those inside were able to get out of the home and their neighbors were also evacuated.
The fire went to 2-alarms before it was placed under control at 5:44 p.m.
The blaze destroyed the garage and the inside of the home suffered water and smoke damage.
The family dog was saved by fire crews and treated for smoke inhalation.
new jersey, camden county, voorhees, fire, local/state
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd 28 min ago
- Easter Sunshine Sunday 32 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Stabbing at Hamilton Mall in Mays Landing
- Woman's body found in Berks County
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- It's a boy - again for Jamie Apody! 20 min ago
- NJ woman: Dog and TV stolen on 1st date
- Prescription drug ring busted at Aria-Torresdale Hospital
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Captain of sunken S. Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- No cause yet in 7-alarm Sea Isle City fire
14 min ago