2-alarm fire damages Voorhees home
VOORHEES, N.J. - April 23, 2013 (WPVI) -- Fire broke out in the garage of a Voorhees townhouse Tuesday evening.
The fire started around 5:00 p.m. in the unit block of Stokes Avenue.
The owner of the home heard a pop sound and opened the garage to find smoke and flames.
Those inside were able to get out of the home and their neighbors were also evacuated.
The fire went to 2-alarms before it was placed under control at 5:44 p.m.
The blaze destroyed the garage and the inside of the home suffered water and smoke damage.
The family dog was saved by fire crews and treated for smoke inhalation.
new jersey, camden county, voorhees, fire, local/state
- Photos: 21 suspects ID'd in Collingdale drug sweep
- Foggy, cloudy, mild today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police seek missing woman and her baby
- Christmas decoration theft caught on camera 44 min ago
- Pizza delivery man shot in Overbrook 16 min ago
- Missing Phila. boy hit by car in Upper Darby
- Chester Co. firefighters called to Md. pet shop fire
- Penn Medical School sued over researcher's death
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school
- DA: Woman gambled away stepson's inheritance
- Attack in Center City caught on camera
- Video: Topless woman chases peeper from Kohl's
- Christmas decoration theft caught on camera
44 min ago
- Drug dealers targeted in Collingdale sweep
20 min ago
- Philadelphia police officer's stolen SUV...
8 min ago