2-alarm fire damages Voorhees home
VOORHEES, N.J. - April 23, 2013 (WPVI) -- Fire broke out in the garage of a Voorhees townhouse Tuesday evening.
The fire started around 5:00 p.m. in the unit block of Stokes Avenue.
The owner of the home heard a pop sound and opened the garage to find smoke and flames.
Those inside were able to get out of the home and their neighbors were also evacuated.
The fire went to 2-alarms before it was placed under control at 5:44 p.m.
The blaze destroyed the garage and the inside of the home suffered water and smoke damage.
The family dog was saved by fire crews and treated for smoke inhalation.
new jersey, camden county, voorhees, fire, local/state
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance deliberate 34 min ago
- Breezy And Mild!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2 couples robbed at gunpoint in North Philly
- Fire forces 11 people from their homes
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes
- Moving day for Oak Lane Garden residents
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- 1 critical after being shot multiple times in Wilmington
- 100 plus weight loss journey to healthy living
- Boyd Theatre to be demolished, rebuilt
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance...
34 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos