Del. doctor pleads no contest to sex charges
WILMINGTON, Del. (AP) - April 24, 2013 (WPVI) -- An 84-year-old Newark neurosurgeon accused of inappropriate sexual contact with patients has pleaded "no contest" to nine misdemeanor counts.
As part of a plea deal, The News Journal of Wilmington reports that Pierre LeRoy agreed Tuesday in Superior Court not to seek to have his suspended medical license re-instated. He will also register as a Tier 1 sex offender.
LeRoy pleaded no contest to nine counts of third-degree unlawful sexual contact. The plea is treated the same as a guilty plea.
LeRoy was arrested last year after a female patient reported that he had touched her inappropriately during an examination and he eventually faced more than two dozen criminal counts involving several patients.
LeRoy faces up to nine years in prison at sentencing on June 28.
sex, delaware, local/state
- Mug shot released of McNabb after Ariz. arrest 25 min ago
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Brandywine Park flasher surrenders
- $105,000 taken in Tacony armored car heist 5 min ago
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital 5 min ago
- Reward offered in poisoning of puppy
- 1 dead in cement truck, car crash in Levittown 58 min ago
- Beau Biden to run for governor in Del.
- Mom surrenders after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Popular chocolate maker shut down by city
- Teen urinates in Oregon drinking water supply