Del. doctor pleads no contest to sex charges
WILMINGTON, Del. (AP) - April 24, 2013 (WPVI) -- An 84-year-old Newark neurosurgeon accused of inappropriate sexual contact with patients has pleaded "no contest" to nine misdemeanor counts.
As part of a plea deal, The News Journal of Wilmington reports that Pierre LeRoy agreed Tuesday in Superior Court not to seek to have his suspended medical license re-instated. He will also register as a Tier 1 sex offender.
LeRoy pleaded no contest to nine counts of third-degree unlawful sexual contact. The plea is treated the same as a guilty plea.
LeRoy was arrested last year after a female patient reported that he had touched her inappropriately during an examination and he eventually faced more than two dozen criminal counts involving several patients.
LeRoy faces up to nine years in prison at sentencing on June 28.
sex, delaware, local/state
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Sunny and chilly
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat 13 min ago
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- SEPTA trolley collides with taxi in West Philadelphia
- Man gets pinned under van in Logan crash
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd.
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
13 min ago