Del. doctor pleads no contest to sex charges
WILMINGTON, Del. (AP) - April 24, 2013 (WPVI) -- An 84-year-old Newark neurosurgeon accused of inappropriate sexual contact with patients has pleaded "no contest" to nine misdemeanor counts.
As part of a plea deal, The News Journal of Wilmington reports that Pierre LeRoy agreed Tuesday in Superior Court not to seek to have his suspended medical license re-instated. He will also register as a Tier 1 sex offender.
LeRoy pleaded no contest to nine counts of third-degree unlawful sexual contact. The plea is treated the same as a guilty plea.
LeRoy was arrested last year after a female patient reported that he had touched her inappropriately during an examination and he eventually faced more than two dozen criminal counts involving several patients.
LeRoy faces up to nine years in prison at sentencing on June 28.
sex, delaware, local/state
- Numbers drawn for $636M Mega Millions jackpot
- Brisk And Cold 47 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Water main break causes river of ice in Cherry Hill 54 min ago
- 3 injured in car crash in Pennsauken 15 min ago
- Fire damages South Philadelphia apartment 41 min ago
- Phila. attorney Charles Peruto, Sr. dies
- Dramatic video released of violent 7-Eleven robbery
- Coach charged with sexually assaulting 4 more victims
- Woman found murdered in Bethlehem
- 91-year-old man stabbed, robbed in Egg Harbor
- Harvard student charged in campus bomb hoax
- Brisk And Cold
47 min ago
- Water main break causes river of ice in...
54 min ago
- 3 injured in car crash in Pennsauken
15 min ago
- Fire damages South Philadelphia apartment
41 min ago