Del. doctor pleads no contest to sex charges
WILMINGTON, Del. (AP) - April 24, 2013 (WPVI) -- An 84-year-old Newark neurosurgeon accused of inappropriate sexual contact with patients has pleaded "no contest" to nine misdemeanor counts.
As part of a plea deal, The News Journal of Wilmington reports that Pierre LeRoy agreed Tuesday in Superior Court not to seek to have his suspended medical license re-instated. He will also register as a Tier 1 sex offender.
LeRoy pleaded no contest to nine counts of third-degree unlawful sexual contact. The plea is treated the same as a guilty plea.
LeRoy was arrested last year after a female patient reported that he had touched her inappropriately during an examination and he eventually faced more than two dozen criminal counts involving several patients.
LeRoy faces up to nine years in prison at sentencing on June 28.
sex, delaware, local/state
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95 36 min ago
- Snow/ Sleet Arriving
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- PennDOT preps begin ahead of wintry mix
- Police: Son of PHA employee charged with DUI 35 min ago
- Man shot, killed in West Oak Lane
- $10K reward in murder of Chester gas station owner
- Suspects sought in Glenside carjacking, abduction 25 min ago
- Underground transformer fire in Center City
- Police: Pa. newlyweds killed man from Craigslist
- Teacher says he was fired because he is gay
- NJ officers play Santa for 'Shop with a Cop'
- Campbell Soup apologizes for SpaghettiOs Pearl Harbor tweet
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
36 min ago
- Suspects sought in Glenside carjacking,...
25 min ago