Fire damages home in East Windsor, N.J.
EAST WINDSOR, N.J. - April 24, 2013 (WPVI) -- A fire heavily damaged a home in Mercer County, New Jersey on Wednesday morning.
The fire was reported around 11:00 a.m. on Washington Court in East Windsor.
Firefighters arrived to see flames coming from the roof.
The entire second floor of the home was soon fully engulfed and sustained heavy damage.
Police say one resident was home at the time. That person escaped unharmed.
A firefighter from East Windsor Volunteer Fire Company #2 was taken the University Medical Center of Princeton at Plainsboro to be treated for smoke inhalation.
Investigators are working to determine what sparked the blaze.
new jersey, mercer county, fire, local/state
- Water main break cancels Cheyney U. classes 32 min ago
- Frost Advisory Overnight 32 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Crescentville shooting
- Tour bus catches fire in Galloway Twp.
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- Heist investigation leads to Roxborough apartment 7 min ago
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- No charges for 8 NJ wrestlers in lynching photo 54 min ago
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co.
- Rangers top Flyers in playoff opener 4-1 28 min ago
- Frost Advisory Overnight
32 min ago
- Heist investigation leads to Roxborough...
7 min ago