14 burglaries in 30 days in Salisbury Township, Pa.
SALISBURY TWP., Pa. - April 24, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police are looking for those responsible for a string of burglaries in Salisbury Township, Lehigh County.
In the past 30 days, 14 homes have been hit, with the most recent happening on Tuesday.
Investigators say the burglars move fast.
"Very quick smash and grabs, and usually that relates to immediate entry into the master bedroom area where jewelry is being taken," said Det. Kevin Kress.
What has police most concerned is that these criminals seem to know which homes are unoccupied during daylight hours, when most of the burglaries have taken place.
Police say the burglars also seem to know exactly what they are looking for.
"The valuables range from a couple hundred dollars to $20,000 to $30,000. But, in my experience, people are more upset at the violation that they feel," said Kress.
But Dennis Hinkle says he is proof that jewelry and cash are not the only things being stolen. Last week he noticed that his garage has been broken into.
"We saw my generator, which I had bought after the last storm that we had. We used it one time, and it's gone," Hinkle said.
And, Hinkle says, these thieves seem to have a penchant for his stuff.
"It's about the fourth or fifth time this has happened to me," Hinkle said. "What can you do?"
Anyone with information can call the Salisbury Township Police Department at 610-797-4000.
pennsylvania, lehigh county, burglary, local/state
- Numbers drawn for $636M Mega Millions jackpot
- Brisk And Cold 56 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Water main break causes river of ice in Cherry Hill
- 3 injured in car crash in Pennsauken 24 min ago
- Fire damages South Philadelphia apartment 50 min ago
- Phila. attorney Charles Peruto, Sr. dies
- Dramatic video released of violent 7-Eleven robbery
- Coach charged with sexually assaulting 4 more victims
- Woman found murdered in Bethlehem
- 91-year-old man stabbed, robbed in Egg Harbor
- Harvard student charged in campus bomb hoax
- Brisk And Cold
56 min ago
- 3 injured in car crash in Pennsauken
24 min ago
- Fire damages South Philadelphia apartment
50 min ago