14 burglaries in 30 days in Salisbury Township, Pa.
SALISBURY TWP., Pa. - April 24, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police are looking for those responsible for a string of burglaries in Salisbury Township, Lehigh County.
In the past 30 days, 14 homes have been hit, with the most recent happening on Tuesday.
Investigators say the burglars move fast.
"Very quick smash and grabs, and usually that relates to immediate entry into the master bedroom area where jewelry is being taken," said Det. Kevin Kress.
What has police most concerned is that these criminals seem to know which homes are unoccupied during daylight hours, when most of the burglaries have taken place.
Police say the burglars also seem to know exactly what they are looking for.
"The valuables range from a couple hundred dollars to $20,000 to $30,000. But, in my experience, people are more upset at the violation that they feel," said Kress.
But Dennis Hinkle says he is proof that jewelry and cash are not the only things being stolen. Last week he noticed that his garage has been broken into.
"We saw my generator, which I had bought after the last storm that we had. We used it one time, and it's gone," Hinkle said.
And, Hinkle says, these thieves seem to have a penchant for his stuff.
"It's about the fourth or fifth time this has happened to me," Hinkle said. "What can you do?"
Anyone with information can call the Salisbury Township Police Department at 610-797-4000.
pennsylvania, lehigh county, burglary, local/state
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Milder Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 2 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- Del. worker hospitalized after pretzel factory accident
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ