Man charged with assaulting woman in West Whiteland road rage incident
WEST WHITELAND TWP., Pa. - April 24, 2013 (WPVI) -- The West Whiteland Township Police Department has arrested a man for assaulting a woman in a road rage incident.
36-year-old Brian Burke was charged Wednesday with Robbery, Assault and Theft offenses.
Police say Burke of Chester County is currently homeless.
Officials say Burke punched a woman and then stole her prescription glasses during the incident on Monday, April 15th.
Police released the suspect's description and a sketch yesterday.
An anonymous person, who had seen the story on the news, called 911 and provided information which led to Burke's pickup truck.
Investigators were able to recover evidence from the vehicle which linked Burke to the crime.
Burke was arraigned on the charges and bail was set at $75,000 cash. He was unable to post the bail and was remanded to Chester County Prison.
His preliminary hearing is scheduled for Monday, April 29th.
pennsylvania, chester county, road rage, assault, local/state
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days 37 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Oil slick, debris not from missing Malaysia jet
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- Are store credit cards worth the discount?
- Video: Skydiver's mid-air collision with plane
- Photos: Kevin Grow joins Harlem Globetrotters
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act