Man charged with assaulting woman in West Whiteland road rage incident
WEST WHITELAND TWP., Pa. - April 24, 2013 (WPVI) -- The West Whiteland Township Police Department has arrested a man for assaulting a woman in a road rage incident.
36-year-old Brian Burke was charged Wednesday with Robbery, Assault and Theft offenses.
Police say Burke of Chester County is currently homeless.
Officials say Burke punched a woman and then stole her prescription glasses during the incident on Monday, April 15th.
Police released the suspect's description and a sketch yesterday.
An anonymous person, who had seen the story on the news, called 911 and provided information which led to Burke's pickup truck.
Investigators were able to recover evidence from the vehicle which linked Burke to the crime.
Burke was arraigned on the charges and bail was set at $75,000 cash. He was unable to post the bail and was remanded to Chester County Prison.
His preliminary hearing is scheduled for Monday, April 29th.
pennsylvania, chester county, road rage, assault, local/state
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera 41 min ago
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ