Man charged with assaulting woman in West Whiteland road rage incident
WEST WHITELAND TWP., Pa. - April 24, 2013 (WPVI) -- The West Whiteland Township Police Department has arrested a man for assaulting a woman in a road rage incident.
36-year-old Brian Burke was charged Wednesday with Robbery, Assault and Theft offenses.
Police say Burke of Chester County is currently homeless.
Officials say Burke punched a woman and then stole her prescription glasses during the incident on Monday, April 15th.
Police released the suspect's description and a sketch yesterday.
An anonymous person, who had seen the story on the news, called 911 and provided information which led to Burke's pickup truck.
Investigators were able to recover evidence from the vehicle which linked Burke to the crime.
Burke was arraigned on the charges and bail was set at $75,000 cash. He was unable to post the bail and was remanded to Chester County Prison.
His preliminary hearing is scheduled for Monday, April 29th.
pennsylvania, chester county, road rage, assault, local/state
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police investigate tire slashings in South Philadelphia
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor 5 min ago
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Police investigate double shooting in Mantua
- 3 rescued after car plunges into Delaware pond
- 2 suspects wanted in home invasion in Dover
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova...
5 min ago